Monday 6 May 2013

Dog of the Day - 6th May 2013

I decided to go somewhere different today, partly to avoid the picnickers, and partly hoping to find some bluebells to photograph. I googled to see if anywhere in London was any good for bluebells, and found a site that said Barnes Common had some. So off I went on the No. 22 bus, dog in tow, to Barnes. Being a Bank Holiday the roads were empty so it took no time at all.

I found a few bluebells, but only a few scattered bunches, not the profusion that I was hoping for. I did, however, see loads of cocker spaniels, which more than made up for the lack of flowers! I chatted to a woman for ages as Henry played with her dog, a female orange roan cocker spaniel called Angelica. She's only a month older than Henry, but smaller and had the most wonderful smooth silky coat (whereas Henry's a ball of woolly fluff). I couldn't get a picture of her alone, as she wouldn't sit still, but got a couple of her playing with Henry, as well as a brief stop for breath!





No comments:

Post a Comment