Friday 22 March 2013

Dog of the Day - 22nd March 2013

I'm currently in south-eastern Iceland, near the famous Jökulsárlón lake. I've been on the road for a couple of days, and apart from meeting up with a friend and his dogs for a walk (photos to come of them on another day) I've only really come across one dog. It was quite a lovely encounter though. 


I have my own rented 4WD, which means that I can just take the odd turn here and there and not worry about where I might end up. So yesterday, as I drove between Reykjavik and Vik I took a little turn off the main road and explored for a few kms before turning round and heading back and onwards with my journey. At my turning place I reached a historic village (there are lots!) and decided to get out to have a look. I jumped as I felt something against my leg. There looking up at me was a very cute dog. He then proceeded to grapple around on the ground and finally picked up a piece of lava rock which he then placed at my feet. I picked it up and threw it and he trotted off to retrieve it, and brought it back and placed it in my hand.

We did this over and over for a few minutes, before I hesitated, he heard something, and off he trotted back to the village.


No comments:

Post a Comment